Monday, November 10, 2014

Stargirl Wrap-Up!

So it was awesome to see you all again on Thursday! I'm also super excited that it seems like we're all kind of getting to know one another and we're building a nice, steady following. We have a great group of people!

Anyway, you all had lots of thoughts about Stargirl. Some of you liked it, some of you didn't. Some of you thought Stargirl was a crazy stalker person. Which is understandable. We also had some good conversation about being different and whether or not it's a good thing or a bad thing, as well as bullying. It was a thoughtful night.

And I kept thinking about it. Because Veronica had pointed out that Leo never even once stood up for Stargirl, the person he supposedly loved. And that really, really irritated me. Because Leo is the person you never want to be. The person who stands on the sidelines and is too afraid to do anything when someone is being hurt. ESPECIALLY someone you love. And that really annoyed me about Leo. He's a strange character like that, because he does some pretty crappy things and is too afraid to say something, but he always wants to best for Stargirl.

Also, I am SUPER EXCITED about December's read, Raven Boys. It had never really looked like something I was interesting in reading but everyone in the library has told me it's amazing and now I have a reason to read it! Jenn has assured me that the entire series is spectacular, so I look forward to getting sucked into it.

Finally, we got a bunch of new stuff in in the teen room! The final installment of The Darkest Minds series is here. Unraveled, the third book in the Crewel series is in. As well as Clariel, the long-awaited fourth Abhorsen book from Garth Nix. PLUS, we should soon be getting Waistcoats and Weaponry, the third book of the Finishing School series. SO MANY NEW BOOKS. And there are even more than those that I am probably forgetting to mention. We had a full cart! I am drowning in new YA novels to read! So definitely stop in or check online and grab something new.






     

No comments:

Post a Comment